Anyone who has or who previously had an aquarium knows that watching the tank and the various fish types, their interaction, and their slow movements can fill an evening and continually relax the observer for hours on end. Some would love to own a custom aquarium but may think it is an expensive investment. However, when you measure the benefits of owning a reef tank or a saltwater aquarium against the cost, you will find that bringing nature into your living room, den, or bedroom can make a huge difference in your life in myriad ways.
1. Children are naturally drawn to custom fish tanks because they are so compelling. The colors, the different markings, even custom aquarium maintenance and the process of keeping the fish safe is a learning experience children will always remember. What the kids are seeing is a natural water ecosystem inside their home. Giving young people this experience is priceless. Who knows? An aquarium in the house might be the gateway to your child’s choice to study of studying biology, chemistry, or oceanography. Additionally, an aquarium can calm the symptoms of ADHD and ADD for some. Childhood development research has found that children who have the pleasure of having an aquarium in their homes may also be stimulated in the areas of creativity and imagination.
2. There are those who do not understand or sometimes believe, there is anything to consider about the practice of Feng Shui. Still, the method survived thousands of years of practice so it cannot be imperiously tossed out of the Western mindset. Feng Shui followers say that keeping an aquarium near a business’ or home’s entrance brings wealth and happiness to the venue. If a fish tank is correctly located, it will also create a loving environment and strengthen relationships. The energy of all living things is known as “Chi,” so since fish are alive and swimming they bring to Chi to their space in the form of good health and prosperity.
3. Much research has taken place and has shown that watching fish in aquariums can lower stress levels; decrease blood pressure; and, in some cases, reduce insomnia. Fish tanks can assist Alzheimer patients in relaxing and may reduce heart attacks in some individuals. Perhaps you have noticed custom aquariums in doctor’s offices, hospitals, and business offices. They are often placed there to assist in lowering stress levels.
4. Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medical practice, focuses on bringing harmony and positive energy into individuals’ lives. Experts in the Ayurvedic science Vastu, believe that aquariums in homes, offices, shops, and industrial buildings are necessary to create serenity and luck. Vastu specialists go as far as to say that aquariums convert negative energy into a positive force. You will always find an aquarium in the homes of Vastu followers and practitioners.
5. The joy of watching bright-colored, saltwater fish swimming; real ocean plants waving, and authentic corals in a fish tank is one limitless advantage of having a tank. When folks decide to add a custom fish tank, custom aquarium, saltwater aquarium, freshwater aquarium, reef tank, coral reef to their home or office, their environment changes n a positive manner.
It is also true that water attracts humans. Dr. Stephen Sands, a biomedical science researcher, explains that humans respond to many different types of stimuli. And, according to Wallace J. Nichols, Ph.D., marine biologist, and the author of Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do, water stimulates humans. And the emotional responses to water come from the “oldest parts of our brains.” Through the use of EEGs, MRIs, and fMRIs (functional MRIs), scientists are discovering why we interact with the world we live in as we do.
For ideas about tank designs, placements, and types, visit Aqua Creations today.